Sunday, November 11, 2007

BOO!!






Happy (late) Halloween! This was Halle's first Halloween and she was the cutest darn Pumpkin and M&M that I ever did see! Halle and I spent some time at Mom and Dads house earlier in the night and then she and I went to my brother-in-law Mark's Halloween party. There were a ton of people, a ton of food and lots of loud music, but Halle managed to stay asleep throughout the whole entire party, and then on through the night until 9am the next morning, and since I didn't want to wake her up to put her jammies on she slept in her pumpkin costume. I am a very lucky mommy. As for Dan, he is still at the police academy and didn't make it home in time to celebrate with us or go to the party. He was having his own 'party' at the academy, Halloween night was there night to get certified to carry Mace, so they had to spray each other. After being sprayed directly into the eyes they have to run across the room and beat up a guy for 1 minute then move onto another corner of the room and take a guy down and handcuff them. Then they are rushed into the locker room and thrown into the showers to start flushing out there eyes, then they are taken outside in the cold night air to help with the burning. Dan said it was the worst thing he has ever gone through and wishes they could have just shot him. Some of the other guys at the Academy drove him home and he spent an hour and a half rinsing and trying to clean out his eyes in the shower. He couldn't see clearly for a couple hours after being sprayed and he couldn't touch Halle or I at all. There are a lot of details that I am sure I am leaving out, so feel free to call Dan, he loves talking about it. Thanks Dan-o for being such a stud and taking such good care of Halle and I!

1 comments:

stace said...

i'm pretty sure i would have quit when they said i was gonna get mace sprayed into my eyes---NO THANK YOU! dan you da man